IT Architect/Development Manager at Rodale
October 2011 - Present
Lead team of developers, business analysts, and remote contractors (Belarus) in complete rewrite / redesign of main ecommerce engine.
- Drupal platform with MySQL database and custom Rodale modules.
- Develop REST calls to Demandware API for data.
- Use Agile Scrum to keep all stakeholders in sync.
- High performance engine handling $30M worth of orders per year
- Write new cartridge for Vertex tax systems integration.
- Integrate Litle credit card payment system, Paypal, and Janrain
- Home page, category pages, product display pages redesign
Rodale E-Commerce systems enhancments. Java based IBM Websphere Commerce server.
- Redesigned confirmation pages, integrated new advertisement content, credit card payment integration.
- Designed/Wrote REST/JSON services for data searches via multiple parameter searches.
- Tune MySQL DB indices and search software for high performance.
- Data integration of Active.com data with Rodale data. Intelligently matching different sets of manually entered data.
Rodale Central Authentication Server (CAS). Integrations with third parties Pluck, Hoop.la, and Training Peaks (using OAuth). Java system using Hibernate and Spring.
Lead Developer and Architect at AppCrown
June 2009 - September 2011
Manage development team for finance software startup. Using Salesforce.com for finance data mining, calculations, and web component add-ons for Advisors. Linux/MySQL hosted, written in Java and PHP.
- Develop new software components that interface with Salesforce REST services
- Data aggregation from external financial data sources for import into Salesforce, using MySQL as an interim database. Data sources integrated with: Orion, Black Diamond, Pershing, TDA, Schwab, DST, DTCC, eMoneyAdvisor, and NFSC.
- Design components for development team, handle packaging and continuous integration.
- Set up new Linux environments - Web, Application, and DB servers, data loading and backup scripts.
- Develop interfaces to document storage services, including Docupace, Amazon S3, and LaserApp.
- Develop email server to spool email and insert into Salesforce.
- Write SSO SAML 2.0 server to integrate with Salesforce, a replacement of Sun's OpenSSO.
- Write Salesforce VisualForce pages for client customized reporting
- Coordinate data center migration with Peer1 Hosting.
- Train new employees for both development and support.
- Write and implement security guidelines and backup procedures.
Technical Project Manager at Thomson Reuters
September 2006 - April 2009
Thomson Eximius (http://www.eximiusaas.com/)
- Head project manager for US Thomson Eximius - A financial performance evaluation engine
- Interview and hire business and technology employees for US branch of Eximius.
- Coordinate development efforts in Belgium, London, and New York to build US customizations: tax lot accounting, full US currency valuations
Thomson ONE / Wells Fargo
- Managed launch of Thomson ONE Alerts for Wells Fargo. Won Thomson Achievement Award 2007
- Technical Advisor for security and identity management changes in Thomson ONE.
Development Manager and Architect at Thomson Financial
January 2002 - September 2006
Evaluate and redesign system components in C++ for the middleware price server of Thomson Financial stock quotes engine.
Rewrite symbology resolution services for Thomson ONE workstation.
Manage brokerage website development team. Mainly Java servlets with Oracle database.
- Interview, hire, train new employees. Conduct employee appraisals and manage bonuses and raises.
- Construct development requirements for brokerage website rules/formulas, identity management, system security.
- Retail brokerage websites developed: Wells Fargo, T. Rowe Price, Wachovia, Piper Jaffray, U.S. Bank, Northwest Mutual
Head Developer at Digitrade
August 1994 - January 2002
- Hired in small start up company that eventually blossomed to over 100 employees, and was a leader in financial systems development. Now owned by Thomson Reuters.
- Helped design and develop foundation systems and transport protocols that became the basis of every Digitrade system.
- Architect and main web developer for retail and full service trading systems. Systems were built with Java servlets and cgi programming with C, Perl, and Shell on Solaris and SCO platforms. These systems did order processing (equities, options, annuities), displayed account data, transaction history, and real-time quotes. All had full backoffice integration. Clients included First Union, Wells Fargo, Scottsdale Securities (now known as Scottrade), T. Rowe Price, Linsco Private Ledger (LPL)